WHO WE ARE
Hamilton Duncan is one of the Fraser Valley’s largest and most well-established law firms, boasting a team of more than 25 talented lawyers and 60 excellent support staff. Located in Surrey, one of the fastest growing cities in Canada, we provide high-end legal services to a wide variety of individuals and businesses, across diverse areas of practice and a variety of interesting and challenging matters.
We pride ourselves in our commitment to our community and in our collegial professional workplace and look for people who share our goals for personal and professional fulfillment. We are looking for those who value a firm culture and management style that fosters respect for everyone while rewarding individual responsibility, initiative, and creativity. As a firm we are committed to opportunities and development amongst all Associates and staff members.
We currently have a vacancy for a ICBC/Personal Injury Legal Administrative Assistant to join our well established team! This role would be floating between both litigation departments.
- Perform LAA responsibilities from file opening to closing
- Review incoming correspondence and draft responses
- Draft pleadings, correspondence and related documents
- Schedule appointments, trial, examination for discoveries, IMEs and related calendar management
- Maintain file organization
- Maintain bring forward system and court diary
- Handle associated legal administrative assistant tasks
- Handle cold calls from prospective clients
- Communicate with clients on a regular basis, including client updates and rehabilitation needs
- Set trial and examination dates
- Maintain limitation dates, bring forward system and court diary
- Draft settlement documents, bill of costs, etc.
- Requesting records and following up
- Scheduling IMEs
- Set trial and examination for discovery dates
- Communicate with clients
- Track Part 7 benefits
- 1-3 years of experience in litigation
- A graduate of a recognized LAA program
- Strong working knowledge of court rules and procedures
- Excellent word processing skills (MS Word)
- Proactive work style
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Attention to detail
- Superior analytical and organizational skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
BENEFITS OF WORKING AT HAMILTON DUNCAN
- Competitive compensation
- Health and dental coverage
- RRSP program upon one year of employment
- Generous employee referral program
- Personal days to assist with work/life balance
- Monthly social events for all staff
- Tuition allowance to continue your education
- And most importantly: Work Life Balance!
APPLYING FOR THE POSITION
If you are interested in joining our team, please send your cover letter and resume by email to our Chief Operating Officer, Aynsley Laluk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
While we are grateful to all applicants for their interest in our firm, only those short-listed for interviews will be contacted.