WHO WE ARE
Hamilton Duncan is one of the Fraser Valley’s largest and most well-established law firms, boasting a team of more than 25 talented lawyers and 50 excellent support staff. Located in Surrey, one of the fastest growing cities in Canada, we provide high-end legal services to a wide variety of individuals and businesses, across diverse areas of practice and a variety of interesting and challenging matters.
We pride ourselves in our commitment to our community and in our collegial though a professional workplace. We look for people who share our goals for personal and professional fulfillment and who value a firm culture and management style that fosters respect for everyone while rewarding individual responsibility, initiative, and creativity. As a firm we are committed to opportunities and development amongst staff members.
We currently have a full-time position available for an Administrative Clerk in our Office Services Department.
The successful candidate will assume a position of significant responsibility, including:
- Daily reception and switchboard relief
- Stock and replenish supplies
- Maintain cleanliness of lunchrooms and boardrooms
- Refill printers with paper and toner, also coordinate service maintenance on equipment
- Assist with distributing internal mail, couriers and regular postage
- Back up for file openings and closings
- Back up bank runs
- Assist with preparation of in-house meetings and webinars, as well as computer/system issues
- Clerical duties including photocopying, scanning, building binders, data entry, filing and basic correspondence when required
- Overflow work as assigned
- Exceptional attention to detail and superior organizational skills
- Willingness to take direction and seek instructions
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Flawless telephone manner and English grammar
- Able to take initiative in work
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong word processing and data entry skills (MS Word and Excel)
BENEFITS OF WORKING AT HAMILTON DUNCAN
- Competitive compensation
- Health and dental coverage
- RRSP program upon one year of employment
- Generous employee referral program
- Personal days to assist with work/life balance
- Monthly social events for all staff
- Tuition allowance to continue your education
- And most importantly: Work Life Balance!
APPLYING FOR THE POSITION
If you are interested in joining our team, please send your cover letter and resume by email to our Human Resources Manager, Daniella Kullman at dmk@ hdas.com.
While we are grateful to all applicants for their interest in our firm, only those short-listed for interviews will be contacted.