WHO WE ARE
Hamilton Duncan is one of the Fraser Valley’s largest and most well-established law firms, boasting a team of more than 20 talented lawyers and 50 excellent support staff. Located in Surrey, one of the fastest growing cities in Canada, we provide high-end legal services to a wide variety of individuals and businesses, across diverse areas of practice and a variety of interesting and challenging matters. We pride ourselves in our commitment to our community and in our collegial though a professional workplace. We look for individuals to join our team who share our goals for personal and professional fulfillment, and those who value a firm culture and management style that fosters respect for everyone while rewarding individual responsibility, initiative, and creativity. As a firm we are committed to opportunities and development amongst all Associates and staff members.
We currently have a full-time opening for a Legal Administrative Assistant to support litigation.
The successful candidate will assume a position of significant responsibility, including (among other responsibilities):
- Perform LAA responsibilities from file opening to closing
- Review incoming correspondence and draft responses
- Draft pleadings, correspondence and related documents
- Schedule appointments, trial, examination for discoveries, IMEs and related calendar management
- Maintain file organization
- Maintain bring forward system and court diary
- Handle associated legal administrative assistant tasks
Our ideal candidate is a motivated and diligent self-starter who works well with a team, exhibits a proactive work style and positive approach to problem solving, is detail oriented and organized, displays exceptional analytical abilities, brings strong communication skills.
To be considered, you must have:
- Minimum 1 year of experience in ICBC defence
- A graduate of a recognized LAA program
- Strong working knowledge of court rules and procedures
- Excellent word processing skills (MS Word, Outlook)
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Has a high level of accuracy and proofreading
APPLYING FOR THE POSITION
If you are interested in joining our team, please send your cover letter and resume by email to our Human Resources Manager, Daniella Kullman at email@example.com.
While we are grateful to all applicants for their interest in our firm, only those short-listed for interviews will be contacted.