WHO WE ARE
Hamilton Duncan is one of the Fraser Valley’s largest and most well-established law firms, boasting a team of more than 20 talented lawyers and 50 excellent support staff. Located in Surrey, one of the fastest growing cities in Canada, we provide high-end legal services to a wide variety of individuals and businesses, across diverse areas of practice and a variety of interesting and challenging matters. We pride ourselves in our commitment to our community and in our collegial though a professional workplace.
We look for individuals to join our team who share our goals for personal and professional fulfillment, and those who value a firm culture and management style that fosters respect for everyone while rewarding individual responsibility, initiative, and creativity. As a firm we are committed to opportunities and development amongst all Associates and staff members.
We currently have a full-time position available for a Commercial Lending Paralegal.
- Written and telephone communications with clients
- Preparation for all Chartered Banks and Credit Union security documents, correspondence and accounts required for completion of the commercial lending files
- Conduct BC Online searches (title searches, BC assessments, company searches, etc.)
- File documents in Land Title Office
- Conduct payouts and prepare trust account documentation
- Prepare reporting letters
- Handle associated filing and administrative tasks
- LAA/Paralegal Certificate from a recognized program
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the area of Commercial Lending
- Excellent word processing skills (MS Word)
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and Outlook
- Proactive work style
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Attention to detail; requires high level of accuracy and proofreading
- Superior organizational skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
BENEFITS OF WORKING AT HAMILTON DUNCAN
- Competitive compensation
- Health and Dental coverage
- RRSP program upon one year of employment
- Generous employee referral program
- Personal days to assist with work/life balance
- Monthly social events for all staff
- Tuition allowance to continue your education
- And most importantly: Work Life Balance!
APPLYING FOR THE POSITION
If you are interested in joining our team, please send your cover letter and resume by email to our Human Resources Manager, Daniella Kullman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
While we are grateful to all applicants for their interest in our firm, only those short-listed for interviews will be contacted.