WHO WE ARE
Hamilton Duncan is one of the Fraser Valley’s largest and most well-established law firms, boasting a team of more than 20 talented lawyers and 50 excellent support staff. Located in Surrey, one of the fastest growing cities in Canada, we provide high-end legal services to a wide variety of individuals and businesses across diverse areas of practice and a variety of interesting and challenging matters.
We pride ourselves in our commitment to our community and in our collegial though a professional workplace. We look for people who share our goals for personal and professional fulfillment and who value a firm culture and management style that fosters respect for everyone while rewarding individual responsibility, initiative and creativity. As a firm we are committed to opportunities and development for all associates and staff members.
We currently have an opening for an experienced, full time litigation lawyer in our civil and commercial litigation group. This is a true growth position. We are seeking someone who can manage files (with support available from more senior lawyers), take a leadership position in the group and build the group and his or her own practice for the future.
- Member in good standing with the Law Society of British Columbia
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in civil litigation with a focus on commercial matters
- Experience in business ownership disputes (oppression claims, derivative proceedings, partnership disputes, winding up proceedings, )
- Experience with bankruptcies and receiverships would be an asset
- Excellent strategic skills, analytical abilities and knowledge of civil procedure
- The ability to build strong relationships with clients in the local business community
- Proactive and organized work style
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- Willingness to work both individually and collaboratively as a part of a dedicated team, including the ability to establish clear direction to others and to delegate effectively