WHO WE ARE
Hamilton Duncan is one of the Fraser Valley’s largest and most well-established law firms, boasting a team of more than 25 talented lawyers and 60 excellent support staff. Located in Surrey, one of the fastest growing cities in Canada, we provide high-end legal services to a wide variety of individuals and businesses, across diverse areas of practice and a variety of interesting and challenging matters.
We pride ourselves in our commitment to our community and in our collegial though a professional workplace. We look for people who share our goals for personal and professional fulfillment and who value a firm culture and management style that fosters respect for everyone while rewarding individual responsibility, initiative, and creativity. As a firm we are committed to opportunities and development amongst staff members.
We currently have a full-time position available for a Corporate Records Clerk to join our well established team!
The successful candidate will assume a position of significant responsibility, including (among other responsibilities):
- Annual maintenance of federal, British Columbia, and extra-provincially registered companies, including the preparation of annual consent resolutions and reports;
- Online filings via ALF, BC Online, and Corporations Canada;
- extra-provincial registrations in British Columbia and other provinces; and
- Maintenance of virtual minute books for all companies;
- Liaising with legal administrative assistants, paralegals, lawyers and clients
- General administrative duties as required.
Our ideal candidate is a motivated and diligent self-starter who works well with a team, exhibits a proactive work style and positive approach to problem solving, is detail oriented and organized, displays exceptional analytical abilities, brings strong communication skills.
To be considered, you must have:
- A minimum of 1 year of experience in a law firm environment is required, preferably in corporate records
- A graduate of a recognized LAA program
- Strong technical skills, including knowledge of ALF, Microsoft Word, Outlook, Adobe and BC Online
- Knowledge of limited partnerships an asset;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to prioritize work, follow instructions and adhere to strict deadlines;
- Desire to learn new tasks (outside of annual maintenance) and willingness to take on ever challenging responsibilities; and
- The ability to exercise sound judgment, discretion, confidentiality, and to adapt to changing demands.
BENEFITS OF WORKING AT HAMILTON DUNCAN
- Competitive compensation
- Health and dental coverage
- RRSP program upon one year of employment
- Generous employee referral program
- Personal days to assist with work/life balance
- Monthly social events for all staff
- Tuition allowance to continue your education
- And most importantly: Work Life Balance!
APPLYING FOR THE POSITION
If you are interested in joining our team, please send your cover letter and resume by email to our Chief Operating Officer, Aynsley Laluk at email@example.com.
While we are grateful to all applicants for their interest in our firm, only those short-listed for interviews will be contacted.