WHO WE ARE
Hamilton Duncan is one of the Fraser Valley’s largest and most well-established law firms, boasting a team of more than 30 talented lawyers and 60 excellent support staff. Located in Surrey – one of the fastest-growing cities in Canada – we provide high-end legal services to a wide variety of clients in an assortment of engaging and challenging matters across diverse areas of practice.
We pride ourselves on a commitment to our community and our collegial workplace. We want people who value a culture and management style that fosters collaboration and respect while rewarding individual responsibility, initiative and creativity and providing opportunities for further development.
WHO WE NEED
We are looking for a six month contract. As Helpdesk/IT Support, you will support our IT Supervisor and outside IT Company. Your work will help fuel the success of our team and our clients, and you will be provided with support to develop your skillset within the legal profession.
WHY YOU’LL WANT TO WORK WITH US
We ask a lot of our people, so we try to give a lot in return. In addition to a competitive salary, we think you’ll love these other benefits of working at Hamilton Duncan:
- Health and wellness: Take care of yourself and your family with our comprehensive benefits plan that includes extended medical, dental, vision, critical illness and life insurance coverages, as well as an employee assistance program for those trying times. Sick leave days ensure that you don’t choose between your health and your income.
- Location: Get to work quickly thanks to our highly accessible office location (directly adjacent to the Gateway SkyTrain station) with an on-site fitness facility.
- Additional comforts: Enjoy coming to work in jeans every Friday, leaving an hour early before long weekends and all summer weekends and socializing with your colleagues at our regular social functions.
WHO YOU ARE
To be considered for this role, your application should demonstrate the following:
- Experience: 1 Year+ Helpdesk or IT support experience preferred.
- Education: Diploma in computer science or IT related field, or industry recognized certifications.
- Skills: Strong knowledge/experience in Windows 10 operating system and Microsoft office applications. Understanding of basic networking principles and configurations. Able to work independently with good prioritization and multitasking, often handling multiple issues/projects simultaneously or switching quickly between unrelated items.
- Characteristics: Self-motivated and thrive on solving problems both independently and in collaboration with others. Quick learner and motivated to expand skills and knowledge by tackling new issues/projects/responsibilities. Calm under pressure and able to handle sudden urgent events in a high stress situation.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
You will be a key part of our IT team, critical to the effective operation of the firm. Reporting to the Systems Administrator, your responsibilities will include:
- Provide front line support to troubleshoot and resolve issues or escalate as appropriate.
- Work effectively both in person and remote to support users across multiple offices or working from home.
- Learn to triage incoming requests based on severity and priority.
- Set up and configure workstations and assist in office moves.
- Prepare and support AV needs of meetings.
- Work with vendors and external IT sources.
- Assist in networking support/changes.
- Assist in IT projects and user training as needed.
- Work closely with other departments and be part of the collaboration to consistently improve our systems.
HOW TO APPLY
If you’re ready to advance your career and join our team at Hamilton Duncan, act now by emailing your cover letter and resume to our Human Resources Manager, Andrea Pantages, at email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest in our firm and keep all applications on file in the event of future opportunities. Only those shortlisted for interviews for this position will be contacted as a part of this recruiting effort.