WHO WE ARE
Hamilton Duncan is one of the Fraser Valley’s largest and most well-established law firms, boasting a team of more than 20 talented lawyers and 50 excellent support staff. Located in Surrey, one of the fastest growing cities in Canada, we provide high-end legal services to a wide variety of individuals and businesses, across diverse areas of practice and a variety of interesting and challenging matters. We pride ourselves in our commitment to our community and in our collegial though professional workplace and look for people who share our goals for personal and professional fulfillment and who value a firm culture and management style that fosters respect for everyone while rewarding individual responsibility, initiative, and creativity.
We currently have a full-time vacancy for an intermediate to senior Legal Administrative Assistant to support our Corporate Department. We are seeking someone experienced who is looking for a challenging, long-term career.
The successful candidate will assume a position of significant responsibility, including (among other responsibilities):
General corporate duties including receiving information, drafting resolutions, reporting, scanning, filing in the corporate records book and virtual minute books
- Incorporations and organization of BC and Federal companies
- Share and asset purchases
- Share structure and article alterations
- Restorations, dissolutions, change of name, proprietorship registration
- Share issuance and share transfer/repurchase (including share purchase agreements)
- Dividend, director and officer change
- Extra-provincial registrations
- Share and asset purchases including due diligence
- Alf maintenance
Administrative duties including:
- Opening and closing files
- Monthly billing for lawyers
- Lawyer expenses
Our ideal candidate is a motivated and diligent self-starter who works well with a team, exhibits a proactive work style and positive approach to problem solving, is detail oriented and organized, displays exceptional analytical abilities, brings strong communication skills.
To be considered, you must have:
- A minimum of three years of experience in corporate is required
- A graduate of a recognized LAA program
- Strong technical skills, including knowledge of ALF, Microsoft Word, Outlook, Adobe and BC Online
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to prioritize work, follow instructions and adhere to strict deadlines;
- Desire to learn new tasks and willingness to take on ever challenging responsibilities; and
- The ability to exercise sound judgment, discretion, confidentiality, and to adapt to changing demands.
APPLYING FOR THE POSITION
If you think you are the right person to join our team, please send your cover letter and resume by email to our Human Resources Manager, Daniella Kullman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
While we are grateful to all applicants for their interest in our firm, only those short-listed for interviews will be contacted.