WHO WE ARE
Hamilton Duncan is one of the Fraser Valley’s largest and most well-established law firms, boasting a team of more than 20 talented lawyers and 50 excellent support staff. Located in Surrey, one of the fastest growing cities in Canada, we provide high-end legal services to a wide variety of individuals and businesses, across diverse areas of practice and a variety of interesting and challenging matters.
We pride ourselves in our commitment to our community and in our collegial though professional workplace and look for people who share our goals for personal and professional fulfillment. We are looking for those who value a firm culture and management style that fosters respect for everyone while rewarding individual responsibility, initiative, and creativity. As a firm we are committed to opportunities and development amongst all Associates and staff members.
We currently have a vacancy for a Corporate Junior LAA to join our well established team!
- Provides clear, concise and complete oral and written information;
- Drafts correspondence and legal documents;
- Maintains all administrative functions, updates the calendar, books appointments, manages bring forwards and reviews and prepares invoices;
- General corporate duties including receiving information, drafting resolutions, reporting, scanning, filing in the corporate records book and virtual minute books
- Ensures deadlines are met;
- Manages and maintains contact and referral lists;
- Sorts incoming mail and preparation of outgoing mail; and
- Administrative duties including:
- Opening and closing files
- Monthly billing for lawyers
- Lawyer expenses
- Legal Administrative certification from a recognized institution
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in Corporate
- Excellent word processing skills (MS Word)
- Proactive work style
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Attention to detail
- Superior analytical and organizational skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
BENEFITS OF WORKING AT HAMILTON DUNCAN
- Competitive compensation
- Health and dental coverage
- RRSP program upon one year of employment
- Generous employee referral program
- Personal days to assist with work/life balance
- Monthly social events for all staff
- Tuition allowance to continue your education
- And most importantly: Work Life Balance!
APPLYING FOR THE POSITION
If you are interested in joining our team, please send your cover letter and resume by email to our Human Resources Manager, Daniella Kullman at email@example.com.
While we are grateful to all applicants for their interest in our firm, only those short-listed for interviews will be contacted.