Ellen S. Hong is a trial lawyer. She focuses her practice on estate litigation matters such as incapacity claims, wills variation, elder law, and trust litigation. In addition, she has considerable experience representing clients on either side of personal injury claims.
Ellen joined Hamilton Duncan in 2019 after working at a boutique firm in downtown Vancouver. She has appeared at all levels of court in British Columbia, as well as before administrative tribunals. She obtained her law degree from the University of Alberta. She also holds a B.A. Joint Honours degree in linguistics and anthropology from McGill University.
As a long-time resident of Surrey, Ellen is passionate about contributing to its growth and future. When she is not practicing law, she enjoys gardening, canoeing, and being physically active.
“Ellen, thank you so very much for making this process so much easier. You are a true professional, very patient, kind, and it has been a joy having you as my lawyer!!” – Diane R. (November, 2019)
- Ellen Hong, Contributor, Professional Legal Training Course 2019, Practice Material: Civil “Preliminary Matters” (February 2019)
- Ellen S. Hong and Leslie J. Mackoff, “Hydraulic Fracturing in the Peace Region: who speaks for those affected?” (February 2014) BarTalk 12
- James Sullivan and Ellen Hong, “IADC International Survey of Electronic Discovery and Data Privacy Law” (2010) 77 Defence Counsel Journal 396
- Canadian Bar Association
- Trial Lawyers Association of British Columbia
- Law Society of British Columbia
- Fraser Valley Estate Planning Council
- Surrey Bar Association
- Federation of Asian Canadian Lawyers
- Professional Women’s Network
- International Association of Korean Lawyers
- Canada Korea Business Association
- Director, C3 Korean-Canadian Community Society