Gurminder is a civil litigator specializing in commercial litigation, construction disputes, property matters and family law.
In his approach to law, Gurminder focuses on being efficient and listening to all parties. This creates opportunities to uncover objectives early in the process and, ultimately, to facilitate a satisfactory resolution.
Gurminder consistently works to make the practice of law better for his colleagues inside and outside of the firm. Whether he is sharing practice advice, volunteering on one of many committees or mentoring law students, Gurminder can be counted on to make a valuable contribution.
In recognition of his contribution to the legal community, the Canadian Bar Association, British Columbia Branch honoured Gurminder with its 2011 Certificate of Appreciation.
• Effectively acted for individuals and businesses in commercial and business disputes.
• Successfully litigated property and injury claims.
• Represented individual insureds and insurance companies in insurance disputes.
- PLTC, Course Material re: Civil Litigation (2019, 2021)
- Submissions on behalf Canadian Bar Association (BC) to BC Supreme Court Rules Revision Committee re: Audiotaping IMEs (December 2014)
- Submissions on behalf of Canadian Bar Association (BC) to BC Utilities Commission re: ICBC Rates (2013-2014)
- The BC Broker, “The Road Less Travelled” (June 2005)
- CLE, Part 7 Benefits (March 2003)
- BC Motor Vehicle Accident Claims Manual, Chapter on Defences (December 2002)
- CLE Commercial Litigation for Legal Support Staff, “Security for Costs” (March 2000)
- Canadian Bar Association (BC)
- Surrey Bar Association
- Law Society of BC
- South Asian Bar Association (BC)
- Member CBA Provincial Court Judicial Advisory Committee (2011-Present)
- Volunteer, CBA Practice Advisory Panel (2012-Present)
- Law Student Mentor, Thompson Rivers University (2011-2020)
- Volunteer Judge, PLTC Mock Civil Trial & Chambers Practice (2003-2013)
- CBA Sections: Insurance, ADR & Legal Research (Executive 2015-2020; Chair 2017-2019)
- Member CBA Awards Committee (2018-2019)
- Elected Member, CBA BC Provincial Council (2008-2011, 2016-2019)
- Secretary/Executive, South Asian Bar Association (BC) (2008-2010)
- Member CBA BarTalk Editorial Committee (2004-2008, 2015-2016)
- Volunteer Lawyer, Salvation Army Pro Bono Clinic (2001-2012)
- CBA BC Certificate of Appreciation (2011)
- Member CBA Automobile Insurance Committee (2011-2018)
- Member South Association Bar Association (BC) Scholarship Committee (2009)
- Co-chair, South Asian Bar Association 2nd Annual Fall Conference (2009)
- Volunteer Lawyer, Law Students’ Legal Advice Program (2001-2008)