Gurminder is an experienced litigator specializing in commercial litigation, family law, construction disputes and property matters.
Gurminder is known for being a steady hand under pressure and enjoys working closely with clients to distill complex issues. Clients value Gurminder’s experience as he proactively assesses cases early, seeing if there’s a likelihood of a favourable and cost-effective resolution, or where necessary, a need to see matters through trial.
A large part of Gurminder’s practice is dedicated to representing business owners in disputes and family law matters where parties are looking to fairly settle their assets.
Gurminder is a go-to professional resource for many other lawyers. He serves as a member of the Federal Judicial Advisory Committee, volunteers his time with several organizations, and mentors junior lawyers and law students.
In recognition of his contribution to the legal community, the Canadian Bar Association, British Columbia Branch honoured Gurminder with its 2011 Certificate of Appreciation.
• Effectively acted for individuals and businesses in commercial and business disputes
• Successfully litigated property and injury claims
• Represented individuals and insurance companies in insurance disputes
• Litigated shareholder disputes
• Acted for high net worth family law clients
• Advised developers and construction companies about builders liens and contracts
- PLTC, Course Material re: Civil Litigation (2019, 2021)
- Submissions on behalf Canadian Bar Association (BC) to BC Supreme Court Rules Revision Committee re: Audiotaping IMEs (December 2014)
- Submissions on behalf of Canadian Bar Association (BC) to BC Utilities Commission re: ICBC Rates (2013-2014)
- The BC Broker, “The Road Less Travelled” (June 2005)
- CLE, Part 7 Benefits (March 2003)
- BC Motor Vehicle Accident Claims Manual, Chapter on Defences (December 2002)
- CLE Commercial Litigation for Legal Support Staff, “Security for Costs” (March 2000)
- Law Society of BC
- Canadian Bar Association (BC)
- Surrey Bar Association
- South Asian Bar Association (BC)
- Member, Federal Judicial Advisory Committee (2021-Present)
- Member, Provincial Judicial Advisory Committee (2011-2021)
- Volunteer, CBA Practice Advisory Panel (2012-Present)
- Law Student Mentor, Thompson Rivers University (2011-2020)
- Volunteer Judge, PLTC Mock Civil Trial & Chambers Practice (2003-2013)
- CBA Sections: Insurance, ADR & Legal Research (Executive 2015-2020; Chair 2017-2019)
- Member CBA Awards Committee (2018-2019)
- Elected Member, CBA BC Provincial Council (2008-2011, 2016-2019)
- Member CBA BarTalk Editorial Committee (2004-2008, 2015-2016)
- Volunteer Lawyer, Salvation Army Pro Bono Clinic (2001-2012)
- CBA BC Certificate of Appreciation (2011)
- Member CBA Automobile Insurance Committee (2011-2018)
- Secretary/Executive, South Asian Bar Association (BC) (2008-2010)
- Member South Association Bar Association (BC) Scholarship Committee (2009)
- Co-chair, South Asian Bar Association 2nd Annual Fall Conference (2009)
- Volunteer Lawyer, Law Students’ Legal Advice Program (2001-2008)