Robert Rogers is a litigation partner with the firm and has been practising law since 1996. He assists his clients, both institutional and individuals, in resolving disputes relating to bankruptcy and insolvency claims as well as employment, labour and human rights claims. He also deals with a wide range of litigation matters.
Robert’s practice is restricted to litigation and is focused on collections, employment law, insurance defence, bankruptcy and insolvency matters and commercial litigation. He has acted for a variety of clients since being called to the bar in 1996, from regional and national financial institutions, trustees and receivers to individual creditors, debtors and bankrupts. He has also represented clients with respect to lease disputes, labour and employment matters, construction, builders’ liens and other collections matters.
Robert serves clients in the restoration business, construction, agricultural, collection agencies and insurance defence and has appeared in all levels of court and has attended numerous administrative tribunals.
Robert joined Hamilton Duncan in 2008. Prior to that time Robert worked for a boutique bankruptcy and insolvency firm in downtown Vancouver. He has a Bachelor of Commerce (Honours) from McMaster University in Hamilton, Ontario and a Bachelor of Laws degree from the University of Alberta.
He is the father of three children and is very active in the hockey community and a fraternal organization.
- Represented employer in wrongful dismissal lawsuit
- Successfully opposed organization drive by union
- Obtained order dismissing a claim for want of prosecution in a claim for the recovery of a deposit made pursuant to a contract of purchase and sale
- Surrey Bar Association, Member
- Canadian Bar Association, Member
- Trial Lawyers Association of British Columbia
- The Law Society of British Columbia
- Trending topics in Employment Law – Surrey Board of Trade (2014)
- Volunteer – Access Justice
- UBC moot court judge
- UBC mentorship program
- Coach/Scout Minor Hockey
- Director Kappa Sigma Society of BC
- Director Kappa Sigma Foundation of Canada
- Assistant Alumni Adviser Kappa Sigma Fraternity
- Vice President Strata Plan BCS 571