WHO WE ARE
Hamilton Duncan is one of the Fraser Valley’s largest and most well-established law firms, boasting a team of more than 20 talented lawyers and 50 excellent support staff. Located in Surrey, one of the fastest growing cities in Canada, we provide high-end legal services to a wide variety of individuals and businesses, across diverse areas of practice and a variety of interesting and challenging matters. We pride ourselves in our commitment to our community and in our collegial though professional workplace and look for people who share our goals for personal and professional fulfillment and who value a firm culture and management style that fosters respect for everyone while rewarding individual responsibility, initiative, and creativity.
We currently have a full-time opening for a Legal Administrative Assistant to support our ICBC defence department.
The successful candidate will assume a position of significant responsibility, including (among other responsibilities):
- Perform LAA responsibilities from file opening to closing
- Review incoming correspondence
- Draft pleadings, correspondence and related documents
- Schedule appointments, examinations for discovery, court mandated conferences, IMEs and related calendar management
- Maintain file organization
- Maintain bring forward system and court diary
- Handle associated legal administrative assistant tasks
Our ideal candidate is a motivated and diligent self-starter who works well with a team, exhibits a proactive work style and positive approach to problem solving, is detail oriented and organized, displays exceptional analytical abilities, brings strong communication skills.
To be considered, you must have:
- Minimum 1 year of experience in litigation
- A graduate of a recognized LAA program
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel
- Exceptional flexibility and adaptability to an ever changing work environment
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Superior analytical and organizational skills with strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong ability to creatively solve problems, make decisions, facilitate and manage deadlines
BENEFITS OF WORKING AT HAMILTON DUNCAN
- Competitive compensation
- Health and Dental coverage
- RRSP program upon one year of employment
- Generous employee referral program
- Personal days and allocated appointment time
- Monthly social events for all staff
- Tuition allowance to continue your education
- And most importantly: Work Life Balance
APPLYING FOR THE POSITION
If you think you are the right person to join our team, please send your cover letter and resume by email to our Human Resources Manager, Daniella Kullman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
While we are grateful to all applicants for their interest in our firm, only those short-listed for interviews will be contacted.