Hamilton Duncan, located in one of the fastest growing cities in Canada, offers a commitment to excellence in law, a diverse practice representing clients in a wide range of interesting and challenging matters, the opportunity to develop one’s career and the flexibility to have a life outside of work. We are a full-service firm, and we boast a strong track record of assisting our clients to achieve their goals and objectives by providing experienced, innovative, and superior legal services.
We look for people who share our goals for personal and professional fulfillment and who value a firm culture and management style that fosters respect for everyone on the team while rewarding individual responsibility, initiative, and creativity.
We currently have a full-time position available for a Legal Administrative Assistant to support our Personal Injury department.
- Perform LAA work from file opening to closing
- Draft pleadings, correspondence and related documents
- Review all incoming correspondence and draft responses
- Handle cold calls from prospective clients
- Communicate with clients on a regular basis, including client updates and rehabilitation needs
- Set trial and examination dates
- Maintain limitation dates, bring forward system and court diary
- Draft settlement documents, bill of costs, etc.
- Requesting records and following up
- Scheduling IMEs
- Set trial and examination for discovery dates
- Communicate with clients
- Track Part 7 benefits
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a LAA working in the area of personal Injury
- Excellent word processing skills (MS Word)
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and Outlook
- Proactive work style
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Attention to detail; requires high level of accuracy and proofreading
- Superior organizational skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those short-listed and selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please email your cover letter and resume to Nikki at email@example.com.