WHO WE ARE
Hamilton Duncan is one of the Fraser Valley’s largest and most well-established law firms, boasting a team of more than 20 talented lawyers and 50 excellent support staff. Located in Surrey, one of the fastest growing cities in Canada, we provide high-end legal services to a wide variety of individuals and businesses, across diverse areas of practice and a variety of interesting and challenging matters.
We pride ourselves in our commitment to our community and in our collegial though professional workplace and look for people who share our goals for personal and professional fulfillment. We are looking for those who value a firm culture and management style that fosters respect for everyone while rewarding individual responsibility, initiative, and creativity. As a firm we are committed to opportunities and development amongst all Associates and staff members.
Are you a marketing and events professional who is passionate about engaging others and supporting the community?
We currently have a vacancy for an experienced marketing professional to join our well established team on a 12 month contract!
Reporting to the General Manager, the Marketing Coordinator will manage marketing and events initiatives from the concept stage to completion, while providing a high level of service to our existing clients. You will work to produce engaging content and materials that drive our brand and support our community planning and fundraising efforts. This includes writing and producing graphic materials such as direct mail pieces, signage, banners, invitations, and managing the online and social media presence for Hamilton Duncan. You will also have the opportunity to initiate, organize and sponsor events that we support in our surrounding communities.
- Produce branded and consistent content for all Hamilton Duncan’s social media platforms and online advertising.
- Work with all lawyers to address their marketing and communications needs on time, on budget, and on strategy. This includes preparing presentations, coordination of handouts, scheduling and registering for events, and any other marketing assistance as required.
- Maintain effective internal communications with the administrative team on existing projects and upcoming events to ensure all relevant company functions are kept informed of marketing objectives.
- Support external relations by organizing and attending various business development events on behalf of the firm.
- Preparation and coordination of all marketing materials in print and online including designing and ordering all promotional products.
- Manage Hamilton Duncan’s website with any changes necessary to its content.
- Support the internal activities of the firm coordinating with the Human Resource Manager on internal staff events.
- Organize special events including seminars, client parties.
- Overall responsibility for brand management and corporate identity.
- Online monthly marketing reporting.
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in Marketing, Communications, Event Planning.
- A minimum of two years of experience in a similar role.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite including Outlook, Word, and Power Point is required.
- Proficiency in Adobe suite including Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop.
- Experience managing multiple social media accounts with Buffer or a similar tool.
- Exceptional design, oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize deliverables with competing deadlines.
- The ability to work independently or in a team, as required.
- Confident planning skills to organize events independently from start to finish.
- Self-starter with a strong creative outlook.
BENEFITS OF WORKING AT HAMILTON DUNCAN
- Competitive compensation
- Health and dental coverage
- RRSP program upon one year of employment
- Generous employee referral program
- Personal days to assist with work/life balance
- Monthly social events for all staff
- Tuition allowance to continue your education
- And most importantly: Work Life Balance!
APPLYING FOR THE POSITION
If you are interested in joining our team, please send your cover letter and resume by email to our Human Resources Manager, Daniella Kullman at email@example.com.
While we are grateful to all applicants for their interest in our firm, only those short-listed for interviews will be contacted.