WHO WE ARE
Hamilton Duncan is one of the Fraser Valley’s largest and most well-established law firms, boasting a team of more than 25 talented lawyers and 55 excellent support staff. Located in Surrey, one of the fastest growing cities in Canada, we provide high-end legal services to a wide variety of individuals and businesses, across diverse areas of practice and a variety of interesting and challenging matters.
We pride ourselves in our commitment to our community and in our collegial though a professional workplace. We look for people who share our goals for personal and professional fulfillment and who value a firm culture and management style that fosters respect for everyone while rewarding individual responsibility, initiative, and creativity. As a firm we are committed to opportunities and development amongst all Associates and staff members.
We currently have a full-time position available for a Paralegal to support our Collections department.
- Initial drafting of standard pleadings motions, affidavits and garnishing proceedings
- File documents in court registry (including e-filing) and arrange service of documents
- Maintain file organization
- Handle bring forward system and court diary
- Set trial and examination dates
- Prepare files for court attendance
- Draft all orders and execution documents
- File and serve post- judgment documents
- Telephone and email contact with clients and debtors
- Handle associated administrative tasks, including invoicing
- Paralegal certificate or diploma from VCC or Capilano University
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in litigation and collections (Small Claims Court and Supreme Court)
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills (MS Word, Outlook, Excel)
- Proactive work style
- Ability to work independently and as a team
- Attention to detail; requires a high level of accuracy and proofreading
- Superior organization skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
BENEFITS OF WORKING AT HAMILTON DUNCAN
- Competitive compensation
- Health and dental coverage
- RRSP program upon one year of employment
- Generous employee referral program
- Personal days/allocated appointment time
- Monthly social events for all staff
- Tuition allowance to continue your education
- And most importantly: Work Life Balance
APPLYING FOR THE POSITION
If you are interested in joining our team, please send your cover letter and resume by email to our Human Resources Manager, Daniella Kullman.
While we are grateful to all applicants for their interest in our firm, only those short-listed for interviews will be contacted.