WHO WE ARE
Hamilton Duncan is one of the Fraser Valley’s largest and most well-established law firms, boasting a team of more than 20 talented lawyers and 50 excellent support staff. Located in Surrey, one of the fastest growing cities in Canada, we provide high-end legal services to a wide variety of individuals and businesses, across diverse areas of practice and a variety of interesting and challenging matters.
We pride ourselves in our commitment to our community and in our collegial though a professional workplace. We look for individuals to join our team who share our goals for personal and professional fulfillment, and those who value a firm culture and management style that fosters respect for everyone while rewarding individual responsibility, initiative, and creativity. As a firm we are committed to opportunities and development amongst all Associates and staff members.
We currently have a full-time opening for a Paralegal to support our ICBC Defence department.
- Review file intake materials
- Summarize clinical records
- Initial drafting of standard pleadings, motions and affidavits
- Review all incoming correspondence and draft responses
- Direct LAAs in the performance of non-billable work
- Meet with lawyers on a regular basis to discuss strategy and receive instructions
- Maintain file organization
- Maintain bring forward system and court diary
- Handle associated administrative tasks
- Paralegal certificate from an accredited program
- Minimum 3 -5 years paralegal experience in insurance defence or personal injury
- Must have an ICBC billing number
- Excellent word processing skills (MS Word)
- Proactive work style
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Attention to detail
- Superior analytical and organizational skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
APPLYING FOR THE POSITION
If you are interested in joining our team, please send your cover letter and resume by email to our Human Resources Manager, Daniella Kullman at email@example.com.
While we are grateful to all applicants for their interest in our firm, only those short-listed for interviews will be contacted.