WHO WE ARE
Hamilton Duncan, located in one of the fastest growing cities in Canada, offers a commitment to excellence in law, a diverse practice representing clients in a wide range of interesting and challenging matters, the opportunity to develop one’s career and the flexibility to have a life outside of work. We are a full-service firm, and we boast a strong track record of assisting our clients to achieve their goals and objectives by providing experienced, innovative, and superior legal services.
We look for people who share our goals for personal and professional fulfillment and who value a firm culture and management style that fosters respect for everyone on the team while rewarding individual responsibility, initiative, and creativity.
We currently have a full-time position available for a Legal Administrative Assistant to support our Personal Injury department.
- Perform LAA work from file opening to closing
- Draft pleadings, correspondence and related documents
- Review all incoming correspondence and draft responses
- Handle cold calls from prospective clients
- Communicate with clients on a regular basis, including client updates and rehabilitation needs
- Set trial and examination dates
- Maintain limitation dates, bring forward system and court diary
- Draft settlement documents, bill of costs, etc.
- Requesting records and following up
- Scheduling IMEs
- Set trial and examination for discovery dates
- Communicate with clients
- Track Part 7 benefits
- Minimum 1- 3 years’ experience as a LAA working in the area of personal Injury
- Excellent word processing skills (MS Word)
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and Outlook
- Punjabi as a second language would be a definite asset
- Proactive work style
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Attention to detail; requires high level of accuracy and proofreading
- Superior organizational skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
BENEFITS OF WORKING AT HAMILTON DUNCAN
- Competitive compensation
- Health and Dental coverage
- RRSP program upon one year of employment
- Generous employee referral program
- Personal days to assist with work/life balance
- Monthly social events for all staff
- Tuition allowance to continue your education
- And most importantly: Work Life Balance!
APPLYING FOR THE POSITION
If you are interested in joining our team, please send your cover letter and resume by email to our Human Resources Manager, Daniella Kullman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
While we are grateful to all applicants for their interest in our firm, only those short-listed for interviews will be contacted.