WHO WE ARE
Hamilton Duncan is one of the Fraser Valley’s largest and most well-established law firms, boasting a team of more than 20 talented lawyers and 50 excellent support staff. Located in Surrey, one of the fastest growing cities in Canada, we provide high-end legal services to a wide variety of individuals and businesses, across diverse areas of practice and a variety of interesting and challenging matters. We pride ourselves in our commitment to our community and in our collegial though professional workplace and look for people who share our goals for personal and professional fulfillment and who value a firm culture and management style that fosters respect for everyone while rewarding individual responsibility, initiative, and creativity. As a firm we are committed to opportunities and development amongst all Associates and staff members.
We currently have a vacancy for an experienced Real Estate Associate to join our established team! We are seeking someone who can manage large files, take on a leadership role within the group, focus on business development and establish relationships within the community as well as continue to develop his or her own practice for the future. This is a true growth position, with the potential to manage and continue to develop a strong team within the Real Estate practice area.
Our Corporate team of skilled Partners and Associates are known for their excellent coaching and mentoring capabilities, which is why this role is appealing for the right individual who is seeking growth, development and progression within their career.
- Law degree combined with minimum of 7 years of experience as a Solicitor in the areas of real estate development and corporate commercial real estate related work
- Member in good standing with the Law Society of British Columbia
- Experience with managing large real estate development projects
- Comfortable with drafting and providing legal advice on various real estate and commercial agreements, including but not limited to; limited partnership agreements, joint venture agreements, purchase and share agreements, easements, etc.
- Proven ability to manage and build strong relationships with clients in the local community
- Strong business acumen with negotiation, interpersonal, and drafting skills
- Excellent analytical capabilities and judgement
- Proactive and organized work style
- Ability to influence others when explaining/presenting complex ideas
- Willingness to work collaboratively as a part of a dedicated team
- Ability to establish clear direction to others, and comfortable with task delegation
APPLYING FOR THE POSITION
If you are interested in joining our team, please send your cover letter and resume by email to our Human Resources Manager, Daniella Kullman at email@example.com.
While we are grateful to all applicants for their interest in our firm, only those short-listed for interviews will be contacted.