WHO WE ARE
Hamilton Duncan is one of the Fraser Valley’s largest and most well-established law firms, boasting a team of more than 20 talented lawyers and 50 excellent support staff. Located in Surrey, one of the fastest growing cities in Canada, we provide high-end legal services to a wide variety of individuals and businesses, across diverse areas of practice and a variety of interesting and challenging matters. We pride ourselves in our commitment to our community and in our collegial though professional workplace and look for people who share our goals for personal and professional fulfillment and who value a firm culture and management style that fosters respect for everyone while rewarding individual responsibility, initiative, and creativity.
We currently have a full-time vacancy for a Trust Accounting Clerk in our Accounting Department. We are seeking someone experienced who is looking for a challenging, long-term career.
The successful candidate will assume a position of significant responsibility, including (among other responsibilities):
- Trust Accounting
- Issue all trust cheques, payouts and trust transfers
- Manage EFT outgoing payments
- Process all trust deposits, including direct deposits and incoming wire transfers
- Oversee and arrange daily banking
- Monitor all pooled trust accounts and follow up on unclaimed deposits
- Monitor PTT withdrawals and post accordingly
- Post TAF and prepare quarterly remittances to the Law Society of BC
- Track and report any trust errors to the Law Society of BC
- Manage term deposits – IB/GIC accounts for clients
- Prepare CDIC letters
- Ensure compliance with the Law Society rules in all trust related matters
- Work closely with lawyers regarding all trust matters
- General duties:
- Create monthly invoices in LEDES format and submit electronically on TyMetrix360
- Maintain the TyMetrix360 platform, including timekeepers rates and coding
- Monthly general bank reconciliations
- Communicate with all banks regarding account updates and solve any banking related issues
- Provide coverage for accounting team in their absence
Our ideal candidate is a motivated and diligent self-starter who works well with a team, exhibits a proactive work style and positive approach to problem solving, is detail oriented and organized, displays exceptional analytical abilities, brings strong communication skills.
To be considered, you must have:
- A minimum of 3-5 years in accounting;
- Bookkeeping or Accounting Certificate from a recognized post-secondary institution;
- Experience in a law firm is preferred, but not required;
- Experience with Esi-Law is an asset;
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office suite of products, with strong technical skills in Excel;
- Excellent attention to detail and high level of accuracy;
- Ability to prioritize work, follow instructions and adhere to strict deadlines;
- Desire to learn new tasks and willingness to take on ever challenging responsibilities; and
- The ability to exercise sound judgment, discretion, confidentiality, and to adapt to changing demands.
APPLYING FOR THE POSITION
If you think you are the right person to join our team, please send your cover letter and resume by email to our Human Resources Manager, Daniella Kullman at email@example.com.
While we are grateful to all applicants for their interest in our firm, only those short-listed for interviews will be contacted